- Scammers can use your debit card, even if you still have your physical card with you in a process known as skimming.
- Report any fraudulent debit card transactions immediately by calling or using your app.
- You aren't responsible for unauthorized charges if your debit card is correctly and promptly reported as stolen.
- Always report any suspicious activity on your account, and contact us for support.
- Never give out your digital banking username and password.
- If you believe you have been a victim of a scam, you can report it to www.ic3.gov which is monitored by the FBI.
- Not sure if it's fraud? Contact Us.
Reporting your card as lost or stolen
If your card has been lost or stolen, we’re here to help quickly and securely. It is important to report your lost or stolen card, or any fraudulent charges on your account, as soon as possible.
- Digital reporting - Sign in to Digital Banking and select “Card Controls” to note your card as lost or stolen.
- Local Information Center - During normal business hours, call Heritage at (812) 253-6928, Option 6
- After business hours, please call 1-866-498-2196
To learn more about topics like fraud, credit, and more financial literacy, check out our podcast Talking Cents with Heritage.