Already have a Heritage Checking Account? Chat with us to add rewards!
*Program Requirements: To participate in the Heritage Federal Credit Union Student Rewards Program, you must meet the following requirements:
1. Be enrolled in college upon enrollment in the Student Rewards Program.
2. Have Rewards Cash Back Checking.
3. Be enrolled in eStatements within 30 calendar days from program enrollment.
4. Proof of student status must be provided at program enrollment by Student ID or Enrollment Verification Certificate.
Linked Accounts: You must have a linked Rewards Cash Back Checking account in order to enroll in the Student Rewards Program. The linked Rewards Cash Back Checking account must remain open throughout the period that you are enrolled in the Student Rewards Program. If a linked Rewards Cash Back Checking is closed or converted to a different checking account, you will be unenrolled from the Student Rewards Program and no further benefits or bonuses will be provided.
Program Details: As a student enrolled in the Heritage Federal Credit Union Student Rewards Program, you are eligible for the following benefits and incentives:
1. Starter Checks: Students can receive starter checks for their checking account.
2. Program Enrollment Duration: Students can remain enrolled in the program for 5 years from the date of enrollment.
Bonus Perks: The following bonus perks are available to students enrolled in the program. Each perk will result in a bonus deposit into your Primary Share account upon meeting the specified requirements:
1. Dean’s List Achievement: Receive a $10.00 bonus deposit for making the Dean’s List. Students must provide proof of achievement per semester. Within Heritage Digital Banking, students must upload an attachment with student name or ID and GPA of 3.5 or higher by end of June and by end of January following the semester the achievement was received. Bonus available two times per year per program duration.
2. Student Financial Success Program: Students must attend 3 informational sessions per semester as part of the Student Financial Success program to receive a $10.00 bonus deposit. Students must upload an attachment with student name or ID and completion of program, provided by the University of Southern Indiana, within their Heritage Digital Banking account. Bonus available two times per year per program duration.
3. Direct Deposit Setup: Receive a $10.00 bonus deposit for setting up a direct deposit to your Heritage account that is linked to the Student Rewards Program. Bonus available once per program duration. Deposits made by teller/ATM/mobile deposits, wire transfers, transfers between Heritage accounts, external transfers from other accounts at other financial institutions, or Peer to Peer (i.e. Zelle, Venmo) transfers do not qualify.
4. Average Daily Balance: You will make more money by increasing your Primary Share savings balance. The average daily balance of your savings account will be calculated every 6 months. If your average daily balance increases by at least $1,000 each 6-month review period, you will qualify for a larger bonus payout. The savings goals will be paid out twice a year in January and July. If you don’t qualify for a bonus payout in January or July, you will still be eligible for another bonus payout in the following review period. Bonus deposits will be paid in the following order regardless of your initial average daily balance: $10.00, $20.00 $30.00, $40.00, $50.00. The bonus is available once per savings tier and the max average daily balance payout will be $50.00. Once you have reached this bonus payout, no further savings balance bonus payments will be credited to your account.
· Earn a $10.00 deposit if the average daily balance reaches $1,000.
· Earn a $20.00 deposit if the average daily balance reaches $2,000.
· Earn a $30.00 deposit if the average daily balance reaches $3,000.
· Earn a $40.00 deposit if the average daily balance reaches $4,000.
· Earn a $50.00 deposit if the average daily balance reaches $5,000.
6. Digital Wallet Setup: Receive a $10.00 bonus deposit for setting up a digital wallet with your Heritage Debit Card that is linked to the Student Rewards Program. Bonus available once per program duration.
7. Spare Change Enrollment: Receive a $10.00 bonus deposit for enrolling in the Spare Change Program. Bonus available once per program duration. The Spare Change Program will round-up the amount of any debit card point of sale purchases associated with the enrolled checking account to the next whole dollar and transfers the difference from your checking account to your designated share savings account.
8. Tuition Payment: Receive a $10.00 bonus deposit for paying your tuition from your Heritage account that is linked to the Student Rewards Program. Bonus available one time per year per program duration.
9. Anniversary Deposit: Each year, an anniversary bonus deposit of $10.00 will be made into your Primary Share account in the month following your program enrollment anniversary date.
Please note that all perks and rewards are subject to the terms and conditions of the Heritage Federal Credit Union Student Rewards Program. For any further details or inquiries regarding the program, please consult your account documents or contact a Heritage Federal Credit Union representative. Heritage reserves the right to modify or end the Student Rewards Program at any time. Heritage may report the value of any bonus or reward received to the IRS as required by law. Any applicable taxes are the responsibility of the recipient. Membership restrictions may apply. Minimum $50 to open a Rewards Cash Back Checking Account.Go to main navigation