A Note to Our Members About COVID-19 and Beyond
We Are Focused on Safety
The past several weeks have seen unprecedented developments in the history of our nation primarily stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic. We have seen large sporting events canceled or proceeding without fans in attendance, schools closed, mandated quarantines and the economy sent on a wild roller coaster ride.
At Heritage Federal Credit Union, we take the responsibility of being an important part of your financial and personal well-being seriously. We are committed to supporting uninterrupted operations as new business continuity repercussions continue to appear. We would like to take this opportunity to share details about our preparedness in dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic.
People and Culture
- All non-essential staff travel has been suspended indefinitely while we monitor how the virus develops and impacts the U.S.
- We are encouraging extreme diligence in keeping our facilities and work places disinfected.
- Key staff have a laptop, mobile phone and remote connection which provides each person with the ability to work remotely, if necessary. This ability to work from home has been successfully tested.
- As a result, if the situation warrants, our operations could continue remotely starting immediately with little or no impact to our members’ ability to conduct transactions.
- Our key member operating systems have full back-up and recovery capabilities.
- We have a fully developed Business Continuity Plan in place.
- HFCU also uses certain key vendors to provide services and we are continually reviewing their business continuity plans as part of our own plan. We have been in contact with our vendors and believe they are prepared for the pandemic but will continue to monitor their communications.
- All incoming calls can be handled by our Member Service team regardless of their location.
- Mobile services will continue to be available
- Mobile App
- Including remote deposit capture
- Online banking
- ATM deposits
- Telephone banking
- Secure messaging
- Text alerts
- Mobile App
Financial Performance and Compliance
- As the market turmoil continues and interest rates continue to decline, HFCU will continue to responsibly monitor expenses, provide the best value possible and assist in new ways as the situation warrants.
- We highly urge all of our members to remain steadfast and continue as usual with their finances, including 401K accounts, as the effects of the virus lessen and the economy recovers.
- A key element in our ongoing response to COVID-19 is our outstanding leadership team. On March 1, 2020, Tony Aylsworth was introduced as the new President of Heritage Federal Credit Union. Tony and I think alike, so I am completely confident that Tony will guide us through these challenging times and he will be integral in keeping us moving forward and remaining focused on our vision for the credit union. I will remain as CEO of HFCU and I very much look forward to continuing working with Tony.
In summary, HFCU is focused on the safety of our staff and our members and has taken steps to lessen the chances of disruption. While the situation remains fluid, we believe we are well positioned to respond to the possible impact with our member-focused staff and the ability to conduct business remotely. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 812-253-6928 or 800-858-1693. As more information becomes available, we will make sure to update our notices on our website at hfcu.info
David Milligan, CEO
« Return to "News"